Updated: Jan 21, 2019
Is your mind and body lacking harmony? If yes, then your body is in desperate need of a thorough Balinese massage. Balinese massage is a full-body, deep-tissue, holistic treatment ideal for those who want to take care of their body from scalp to foot. Balinese massage uses a combination of gentle stretches, acupressure, reflexology and bring a sense of wellbeing, calm and deep relaxation. Balinese massage techniques work to soothe damaged tissue, and relieve strained muscles and joint pain.
During the treatment, recipient must lay on a professional massage couch; they are then gently massaged with scented oil chosen according to their preferences and type of skin. The body parts that haven’t been massaged and those already massaged are covered with a cloth not to create temperature leaps. The professional therapists begin with treating the legs followed by firmly moving towards the arms and the back and finally reaching the scalp. Therapists use a combination of gentle stretches, skin rolling, kneading and stroking, and pressure-point stimulation, combined with the aromas of essential oils to stimulate the flow of blood, lymph and energy.
As this massage targets deeper layers of muscle, and boosts circulation, Balinese massage is useful for sports injuries.
The Benefits of Balinese Massage
1. Promotes skin health: Being a part of your body, you need to pay equal attention on the health of your skin too. Use of essential oils in Balinese massages acts as a supportive agent for the health of your skin, especially to keep away dryness.
2. Boost the immunity level: The immune system can be boosted by this massage type. This is all due to the oil and the pressure point application made in Balinese massage which acts well against any kind of diseases.
3. Makes Mind More Calm: The effects of massage by a massage therapist will make the mind tired and dizzy will be lost.
4. Make Body Healthier and Fresh: It is advisable, if you experience tremendous fatigue, rest your body by doing a little massage. So, the tired point on the body will be lost.
Your body will come back fresh and fit. This therapy is suitable for people who have high mobile activity and prone to physical activity that much.
5. Making Sleep Well For The Insomnia: For those of you who like to experience a state of insomnia or commonly known as insomnia can overcome with a massage on the head.
This is because it can accelerate blood circulation, and sleep that had been disrupted will turn into sound. Body and calm mind, of course, can make your sleep quality become better than before. This massage can reduce the stress that can then overcome the sleep disorder.
6. Able to improve appetite. For those of you who experience decreased appetite problems, by doing massage therapy can provide a better appetite. This is because the urge of normal blood flow and the body is felt relaxed and comfortable to make the appetite to be high.
7. Able to prevent back pain. Not only can prevent headaches and migraines alone, apparently by doing a massage on the head can help relax the muscles around the neck and back. That’s why back pain will also subside after the head is massaged.