Traditional Thai Massage
Updated: Jan 21, 2019
Thai massage is an ancient healing system that combines acupressure, massage, and stretching into the therapy. It uses no oil, lotion, or cream. The recipient wears loose fitted cloths and lies on a firm mattress and rather than rubbing on muscles, the therapist will actually use their hands, knees, legs, and feet to move your body into various positions.
Thai massage has many benefits for the individual. It uses the gentle pressure on energy lines and the yoga-like stretching to relax the whole body on a deeper level. This deeper level of relaxation improves the individuals' personal outlook, and their emotional status. Deep relaxation has been shown to promote a deeper, more restorative night's sleep as well. This deeper sleep allows the body to heal itself physical, and let you feel more refreshed upon awakening.
In some hospitals, massage therapy is used to treat stress and depression, allowing the patient to sleep in bed all day and night. Massage for the mother after birth helps to relieve aches and pains due to the thigh muscles tend to thaw, help the circulatory system works better, and also remove waste residue from the body.
If you are not sure if a Thai Massage is for you, book 60 minutes and “try it out”.
The Benefits of Thai Massage
1. Relieves pain: A Thai Massage can be a suitable way for people to deal with the chronic pain. It provides even more benefits for athletes.
2. Skin condition: Improves skin condition through better circulation and relieves itchiness.
3. Blood circulation: Make blood vessels stretch, increases blood flow to strengthen the organ function in the body thoroughly and lower the chances of blood clotting in the arteries. With increased circulation, more oxygen will be brought to the brain. This will also lower the number of migraines and headaches the individual suffers from.
4. Relieves depression: Relieves depression, anxiety and the feeling of physical isolation.
5. Reduce your stress levels: The gradual movement of your body through different yoga-like positions helps in reducing your stress level, calms the mind and body, and promotes a more restful sleep.
6. Flexibility: This will enhance the person's flexibility allowing for a greater range of motion. This greater range of motion and flexibility reduces muscle stress and strain.
7. Respiratory System: Improves relaxation and depth of breathing.